THE WATERBENDER OF SINGAPORE
Digital Water. Climate Resilience. Humanitarian Relief.
Professionally, I am an engineer delivering climate resilience through digital water solutions for the critical challenges of flood risk and water treatment to build an inclusive and liveable future.
Personally, I run The Waterbender SG, a non-profit organisation in Singapore that delivers humanitarian relief for those in need.
I write opinion articles on all things digital water, climate resilience and humanitarian relief.
I delivered presentations on water digital twins for smart flood management.
● Digital Water: 1D-2D Hydraulic Modelling (QGIS, TUFLOW HPC, HEC-RAS, EPA SWWM) | Stormwater Drain Design | Backwater Impact Analysis | Nature-Based Solutions | Water Sensitive Urban Design | Stormwater Management Plans | Scheme Optimisation | Flood Risk Assessment and Mapping | Flood Damage Assessment with Gender Equity & Social Inclusion | Flood Measure Options Appraisals | GIS analysis | Remote sensing analysis | Flood Forecasting | Scripting (Python, C++, SQL, Dynamo, VBA) | Visualising (Power BI)
● Climate Resilience: Disaster Risk Mapping | Decision Support Systems | Early Warning Systems
● Humanitarian Relief: Advocacy | Rural Villages | Refugees | Clean Drinking Water | Flood Relief
● Bachelors - Major in Environmental Engineering, Minor in Civil Infrastructure (NUS)
● Certificate - Nature Based solutions for Disaster and Climate Resilience (UN Environmental Programme)
● Certification - 2D & 3D ArcGIS Pro (ESRI)
● Certification - Python for Data Science (NUS)
● Certification - Python for Hydrology (Gidahatari)
● Certification - IoT: Technology & Application (SMU)
● Certification - Data Analytics using Power BI (SMU)
©2021 The Waterbender Sg